Ceiling fans have practical uses in almost every room in your home. We suggest you follow these mounting recommendations as you decide where to install your Casablanca fan.
- For safety reasons, the fan blades must be a minimum of 7' above the floor.
- Do not locate the fan in a doorway or above a swinging door.
- In any installation, the tips of the blades must be at least 18" from the wall in order to provide sufficient clearance for the blades.
- In bedrooms, fans work best when mounted above the foot of the bed.
- In low ceiling locations, our optional Low Ceiling Adapter (LCA) can be used to gain 3½" on certain fan models.
- Over pool tables, be sure to provide plenty of clearance to avoid damage from pool cues.
- In kitchens, be sure to allow for open cupboard doors to clear the fan blades.
- Do not install a fan close to, or over a pool or spa unless it is Damp or Wet rated. High humidity combined with corrosive gases will destroy the finish and warp the blades.
For best performance and best appearance, an extension downrod should be used with your Casablanca fan when installing on high (cathedral) ceilings or sloped ceilings. Casablanca offers standard poles in increments of 6" up to 5'. Custom poles are available in lengths up to 9' 9". Note: Fan may wobble or vibrate if downrod length is not long enough and the inside blade is too close to downslope or side. Extending downrod length will solve the problem.